Humanitarian relief

Let us help you with your case!

Leave us your information and we will contact you as soon as possible to help you with your case.

Legalize your immigration status

Apply for your temporary humanitarian relief and stay legally in the United States

Chavarro Law Firm has represented many individuals in their application process for humanitarian relief to legally remain in the United States.

This is a complex and delicate process for which the help of an experienced attorney and expert in immigration law is always necessary.

Temporary humanitarian relief visas in the United States seek to protect vulnerable groups of people who, for different reasons, are within the country. If you feel that any of the following benefits applies to you, Chavarro Law Firm invites you to carefully read the information regarding this type of visas.

To keep in mind

What kinds of temporary humanitarian reliefs are there in the United States?

There are different types of temporary relief or humanitarian benefits depending on your particular situation. If you meet the requirements, you can apply for DACA, TPS, T visa, U visa or VAWA. Get to know them below:

DACA - Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

DACA is the quintessential Dreamers program and has existed since 2012. It is based on deferred action, which is the prosecutorial discretion to defer removal or deportation action against a foreign national for a specified period of time.

Temporary Protected Status (TPS)

TPS, as its name implies, is a temporary protected status that is granted to people who are in the United States, who are nationals of a country designated for TPS, and who cannot return to their country because the Conditions in that country prevent them from returning safely.

T visa

To obtain a T visa, an applicant must show that he or she is or has been a victim of a severe form of human trafficking, is physically present in the United States due to such trafficking, and has assisted law enforcement agencies in the investigation or prosecution of acts of trafficking in persons.

U visa

The U visa benefits foreign nationals who have been the victims of certain criminal activities in the United States, as long as these individuals assist the appropriate authorities in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal activity. The U visa grants the beneficiary permission to work and live in the United States for a period of four years.

VAWA – Violence Against Women Act

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows individuals (both men and women) to apply for lawful permanent residence in the United States when they have been victims of extreme cruelty or abuse by a spouse or former spouse who is a US citizen or permanent resident; a parent who is a US citizen or permanent resident; a son or daughter who is a US citizen.

Information of interest

Learn more about temporary humanitarian relief in the United States

What is happening with DACA?

Do you think you qualify for DACA and want to apply? In this video, attorney Paola Chavarro tells us the latest news about the process and provides key recommendations for applicants.

What is TPS?

Do you know what TPS is and how to apply for this temporary protected status in the United States? Attorney Paola Chavarro explains to us what it consists of and when immigrants can qualify for this benefit.

U visas

Were you the victim of a crime within the United States? If so, you may qualify for a U Visa. In this video, Attorney Paola Chavarro explains the process.

Do you need help with your immigration case?

Schedule your appointment!

Schedule your appointment with our team, feel free to tell us about your case, we will handle it with the utmost respect and confidentiality.